We Are on Facebook!!

Hello, We are now on Facebook, become a fan and spread the word :)

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Vietnamese Wedding Kim & Van

When given the opportunity to plan a wedding from a different culture, it is always a joy. You learn to appreciate their customs, traditions and it also gives you a different perspective. Unlike our American wedding ceremonies which are 30 mins, in the Vietnamese culture it is a multiple event! Journey with me through the two tea ceremonies, traditional mass and a 10 course dinner reception!

The first ceremony of the day takes place early at 8AM!!! Was I even woke at 8am on my wedding day??? The groom's family makes a processional to the Bride's home...and they don't come empty handed:)Gifts are presented to the Bride and her family. The Bride received gifts including diamond earrings, necklace and of course a ring...talk about BLING BLING!!





Following the two tea ceremonies, the couple and their family had a traditional Mass at their church. The Bride went through seven dress changes throughout the day!



Now its time to eat and party!!!! My design team transformed the banquet hall with a red carpet entrance, wall drapery, satin linens, chair covers and ceiling drapery. We pulled together a simple back drop for the couple to take pictures with EVERY guest, yes I said every. Talk about working for your wedding gift:) On the menu they had EVERYTHING crab, lobster, Peking duck, Chinese chicken salad and an OPEN bar...talk about a party.


Kim and Van were such a pleasure to work with, I wish them all the best in the coming years!!!


A BIG thank you to my staff for helping me pull everything together and Maty's Chair Covers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, this looks amazing. You definitely have skills. I cant wait until my big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an awesome team. Don't forget to use me as a reference someday. I only have good things to say about you :)

    ReplyDelete